Paul is a 25 + year veteran of the fitness industry and has been training people since 1993.. He is a former scholarship athlete and 2x All-Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) selection in track and field as well as a former #2 National and #25 World ranked Professional Duathlete. Paul holds a BS in Exercise and Sports Science from Wake Forest University and is certified by the National Strength and Conditioning Association as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and by the American College of Sports Medicine as a Certified Exercise Physiologist (EP-C).
Paul is a leading authority on strength training, cardiovascular conditioning, and weight loss. His pedigree as a national-class collegiate distance runner and a world-class professional Duathlete combined with his vast knowledge of exercise physiology has made him one of the most sought-after strength & conditioning and sports performance experts in the world. He has worked with individuals ranging from successful business executives and moms to NFL and NBA players.
In July, 2019 Paul was chosen by Men’s Health Magazine as one of the “55 Best Instagram Accounts That Will Motivate the Hell out of you“ and one of the TOP 50 Fitness Experts in America.
Paul is a passionate, lifelong student of health and fitness. He has combined his vast experience in athletics, academics, and life to create training philosophies and methodologies that produce results.
When it comes to fitness, Paul Sklar is among the most dedicated, enthusiastic, and motivated people you will ever encounter. And he looks forward to sharing his passion with you.
- Married and Father of 5 children.
- Co-Owner of Prescriptive Fitness Studio in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Silver Medal USA Professional Duathlon National Championships 2000
- #2 Ranked USA Professional Duathlete 2000
- #25 World Professional Duathlon Ranking 2000
- Three-time Team USA Duathlon World Championship Team Member
- Gold Medal 40k Cycling Time Trial 2000 NC State Games
- Top American 1997 Professional World Duathlon Championships Guernica, Spain
- Bronze Medal Age Group World Duathlon Championships 1996 Ferrara, Italy
- Two Time Winner and course record holder NYC Biathlon
- 1996 Inside Triathlon Magazine Duathlete All-American
- All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection 3000m Steeplechase 1992,1993
Personal Racing Records
- Mile 4:08.9
- 3000m Steeplechase 8:58
- 5k 14:44
- Half Marathon 1:14